Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I say Dumile Feni on the R100 notes......

Katherine Smith on the 50's and I think Willem Boshoff will look hot on the R200.

So, its my first time in Europe, and Zurich is where im at. Was told that Switzerland was a super clean country with very reserved people who are not very stylish....well!

A while ago while travelling in a bus from Malawi to Jozi, i was sitting next to a middle aged Zulu taxi driver who happened to know a whole lot about the South African history and politics. And, i remember him mentioning something about why the South African notes still have the big five printed on them instead of the ex presidents and so on, and me being me didnt really understand what he was on about and why he was bothered by this but it sounded like it was a big deal to him. He tried to brake it down to me and it was something very hectic like the ANC government being like security guards in this country, but then again i might be talking nonsense....so anyway i got to check out the Swiss Money for the first time today and i found it very fascinating that they have some of their artists and their artworks printed on the their currency. I mean i dont know much about who decides what goes on to a bank note or how all that currency stuff works but i think its super cool that artists receive that much recognition for their contribution into the country.

Looking foward to the next 2months....

Onelove

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be 100% persent behind you